Friday, September 13, 2013

Jonathan Winters
Norman Rockwell The Saturday Evening Post, Jonathan Winters as an Indian
-Signed to me
In the 60's John was always talking about fishing, and I said to him lets go up to where I come from Northern Minnesota, Bemidji. I come from that part of the worlds, and its a hundred miles from the border to Ontario and its a great place to fish. We had 3 huge Indian reservations in that community. John is always admired the Indians and was always fair to them and liked to make them laugh, do i got an invitation from the chief of the tribe and he let us come in to fish on the reservation, which they usually never let anyone in. But because of him we both got in and we got out there  on the lake, Jonathan was bringing them and and I was, the boat was filling up with fish, Walleyed Pike. I said Jonathan looks like we have something going for us, this is the lake that nobody gets on but the Indians and they treated us to the best, we would never forget that day I've never had an experience like that where we could catch so many fish going just simply across a shallow fishing spot which is over by the sand.
One of the Indians brought up the fish and cleaned them and gave us to take home where we put them on a big huge fry with all of my relatives and friends that we knew in Bemidji, so we had something to remember. Jonathan was having the best day and so was I. Jonathan decided to make the picture dressed up as an Indian, I think he enjoyed it, and then he gave it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment